Chocolate Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. A yummy and satisfying alternative to oats. Made with quinoa, almond milk, banana, cacao and maple syrup, it's dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!
My fascination with quinoa continues with creation of an amazing breakfast bowl that provides a bit more excitement than your standard oats.
I have paired this breakfast quinoa with banana and cacao powder and the end result is a yummy breakfast that honestly feels like a treat when you are eating it, just like another of my chocolate breakfast recipes, Chocolate Walnut Breakfast Mousse.
Best of all it is so easy to prepare and you can even make up a bigger batch and store in your refrigerator for a few days.
- It is really easy to make.
- You can make a big batch up and store in the refrigerator for a few days.
- It is super tasty.
- The ingredients are all found at your local supermarket, health food shop or market.
- It is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and vegan.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Organic quinoa
- Almond milk - you can use your favourite dairy free milk or even water for nut free version
- Raw cacao powder
- Pure maple syrup
TIPS & FAQS
You can make this recipe nut free by substituting water (or a nut-free milk) for almond milk.
You can add any other toppings you like. Berries, nuts or coconut flakes will make this breakfast bowl even more tastier.
You can double, triple or quadruple the recipe to make for more people or to make a few days worth.
Looking for other quinoa recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- ½ cup organic quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup almond milk (or water for nut free version)
- ½ banana, mashed plus extra slices for topping
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Cook quinoa. Bring almond milk (or water) and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 15 minutes, or until the water is fully absorbed. Remove from heat and cover with a tea towel or napkin and rest for 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients. Add the mashed banana, cacao and maple syrup and mix through the quinoa.
- Serve. Serve with your favourite toppings.
- You can make this recipe nut free by subsituting water for almond milk.
- You can add any other toppings you like. Berries, nuts or coconut flakes will make this breakfast bowl even more tastier.
- You can double, triple or quadruple the recipe to make for more people or to make a few days worth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 6gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g