These Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies are full of flavour and so easy to make. Not only are they gluten free, but they are also dairy free and vegan friendly.
I love creating gluten free cookie recipes, especially ones that my kids absolutely adore and these double chocolate cookies are no exception! They are simply amazing!
These cookies are adapted from Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are just as easy to prepare with only a couple of minor adjustments and the addition of raw cacao powder.
They are the ultimate chocolate cookie with not one but two chocolate ingredients.
Gluten Free - suitable for people with gluten intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves several simple steps and about 30 minutes to prepare and make
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
The ingredients you need to make these cookies are:
- almond meal or almond flour
- tapioca or arrowroot powder
- baking powder
- cacao powder
- coconut oil
- maple syrup or you can use honey
- chocolate chips - pick your favourite ones to use that suits your dietary requirements
I would allow at least 20 minutes for the cookies to firm up before you enjoy them. They will still be warm but will have firmed up enough to enjoy as a cookie.
You can use any type you want to suit your dietary requirements. You can use regular chocolate chips, sugar free, dairy free, carob or cacao nibs.
You can keep them stored in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for other gluten free cookies to make? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make these cookies. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour or almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca powder or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder gluten free
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips can be milk, dark, dairy free, sugar free
- Pre-heat: Pre-heat oven to 340 F | 170 C
- Dry Ingredients: Add almond meal, tapioca/arrowroot, baking powder and raw cacao powder to a medium size bowl, mixing well, ensuring that there no clumps.
- Wet Ingredients: Whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup in another bowl, then add to the dry mixture, mixing until you form a crumbly dough. Then add the chocolate chips, folding through the mixture.
- Make into balls: Use a soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies into 12 balls and placed on a lined baking tray.
- Bake: Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool: Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray before placing onto a wire rack to cool further.