These gluten free double chocolate chip cookies are full of flavour and tasty as. Not only are they gluten free, but they are also paleo, dairy free and vegan.
I love creating gluten free cookie recipes, especially ones that my kids absolutely adore and these double chocolate chip cookies are no exception! They are simply amazing!
These cookies are adapted from the tastiest gluten free chocolate chip cookies and they are just as easy to prepare with only a couple of minor adjustments and the addition of raw cacao powder.
Gluten Free - suitable for people with gluten intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves several simple steps and about 30 minutes to prepare and make
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
The ingredients you need to make these babies are:
- almond meal
- tapioca or arrowroot powder
- gluten free baking powder
- raw cacao powder
- coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- chocolate chips
TIPS AND FAQS
I would allow at least 20 minutes for the cookies to firm up before you enjoy them. They will still be warm but will have firmed up enough to enjoy as a cookie.
You can use any type you want to suit your dietary requirements. You can use regular chocolate chips, sugar free, dairy free, carob or cacao nibs.
Looking for other cookie recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 + ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup tapioca/arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (can be milk, dark, dairy free, sugar free)
- Pre-heat: Pre-heat oven to 170 degree Celsius/340 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dry Ingredients: Add almond meal, tapioca/arrowroot, baking powder and raw cacao powder to a medium size bowl, mixing well, ensuring that there no clumps.
- Wet Ingredients: Whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup in another bowl, then add to the dry mixture, mixing until you form a crumbly dough. Then add the chocolate chips, folding through the mixture.
- Make into balls: Use a soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies into 12 balls and placed on a lined baking tray.
- Bake: Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool: Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray before placing onto a wire rack to cool further.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g