These are the perfect gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins. They are super moist, easy to make and will be a hit with your kids. Plus there is no added sugar, the sweetness is provided by the bananas and the chocolate chips.
I have finally created the perfect and choc chip banana muffin and best of all it is gluten free, dairy free and there is no added sugar. The sweetness is provided by the bananas and the chocolate chips that you choose to use.
Yep the choice is yours!!
You can add regular chocolate chips, dark, dairy free, sugar free or even cacao nibs would work.
My daughter Giselle told me that she loves them and they are the best muffins she has ever had. She is very picky.. so this is the ultimate compliment.
- They are so easy to make.
- They are really moist.
- They are gluten free.
- They are dairy free, but that depends on which chocolate chips you choose to use.
- Most of the ingredients are pantry items which you should totally be stocking up on.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medium ripe bananas - the riper the better
- Eggs - room temperature
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond meal
- Cinnamon powder
- Gluten free baking powder
- Chocolate chips - you can use regular, dark, sugar free, dairy free... the choice is your.
TIPS & FAQS
Make these dairy free by adding dairy free chocolate chips or even cacao nibs.
The cook time varies from 15 - 20 minutes depending on your oven. My ones were perfect at 18 minutes, but as ovens can vary, it is best to test the muffins with a tooth pick at 15 minutes and see whether it comes out clean.
Looking for other baked dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make these muffins. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (regular, dairy free, sugar free)
- Heat Oven and Prepare Muffin Tray - Heat oven to 180C | 350F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper baking cases.
- Prepare Wet Ingredients - In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add Dry Ingredients - Then add the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Add Chocolate Chips - Finally, add all the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Divide Mixture - Spoon mixture evenly into the baking cases.
- Bake - Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to Cool - Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g