These are the perfect Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are super moist, easy to make and will be a hit with your kids. Plus there is no added sugar, the sweetness is provided by the bananas and the chocolate chips.
I have finally created the perfect chocolate chip banana muffin and best of all it is gluten free, dairy free and there is no added sugar. The sweetness is provided by the bananas and the chocolate chips that you choose to use.
Yep the choice is yours!!
You can add regular chocolate chips, dark, dairy free, sugar free or even cacao nibs would work.
If you want double the chocolate, then you must try these Double Chocolate Gluten Free Banana Muffins.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- These muffins are so easy to make.
- They are also really moist.
- Plus they are gluten free.
- These muffins can be dairy free, but that depends on which chocolate chips you choose to use.
- Most of the ingredients are pantry items which you should totally be stocking up on.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medium ripe bananas - the riper the better.
- Eggs - room temperature eggs are preferable.
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour or almond meal
- Cinnamon powder
- Gluten free baking powder
- Chocolate chips - you can use regular, dark, sugar free, dairy free, carob, cacao nibs... the choice is yours.
TIPS & FAQS
The cook time varies from 15 - 20 minutes depending on your oven. My ones were perfect at 18 minutes, but as ovens can vary, it is best to test the muffins with a tooth pick at 15 minutes and see whether it comes out clean.
I am a big fan of using silicone baking wear as I find them super easy to use plus the food does not stick and you use up less baking paper/muffin cases.
But you can use the metal ones as well. These muffins will look really cute in the fancy muffins cases. But if you want them not to stick to the muffin cases, then make sure you use parchment paper ones.
Using room temperature eggs will make the batter so much easier to mix together. If you use eggs that have just come out of the fridge then you run the risk of the coconut oil firming up and solidifying and you may end up with chunks of coconut oil in your muffins.
You can use any choc chips you like. Dairy free, sugar-free, dark, white, the regular kind. Even cacao nibs will work. You can also use choc chunks or the larger sized choc buttons. My favourite is using dark chocolate choc chips to make these muffins.
You can keep stored in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Looking for other baked dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make these muffins. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 bananas medium sized, the riper the better
- 3 eggs large sized
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips regular, dairy free, sugar free
- Heat Oven and Prepare Muffin Tray - Heat oven to 180C | 350F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper baking cases (if you are using a metal tray)
- Prepare Wet Ingredients - In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add Dry Ingredients - Then add the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Add Chocolate Chips - Finally, add all the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Divide Mixture - Spoon mixture evenly into the baking cases or muffin holes (if using a silicone tray).
- Bake - Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to Cool - Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- You can use either a metal baking tray with baking cases or my personal favourite, a silicone muffin tray
- You can use any chocolate chip you like - dark, milk, dairy free, sugar free, carob, cacao nibs.
- Use room temperature eggs for the best outcome
- Store for 3-4 days in an air-tight container