This Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding is made with almond milk, vanilla extract, your favourite sweetener and of course chia seeds. It is great for breakfast or even as a healthy snack option.
Vanilla chia puddings are a really great option for breakfast or even to have a treat.
The great thing about them is that they are so easy to prepare. You make it up the night before and put it in the refrigerator to set, and it is then waiting for you when you wake up.
They are an important element when making a granola parfait.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Quick and Easy – chia seed puddings are really easy to make and you let them set overnight in your refrigerator so that they are ready to eat the following morning.
Allergy Friendly – chia puddings are suitable for people with gluten free and dairy free allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
- Sweetener – rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO PREPARE
You add your ingredients to glass or bowl and mix thoroughly. Then leave in the refrigerator to set overnight.
The next morning, remove from the refrigerator, top with your fave fruit and enjoy!
I topped this pudding with fresh raspberries, but you could use any fruit you wish. I also love to add pineapple, passionfruit, blueberries, strawberries, mango, shredded apple or even kiwi fruit.
Sweeteners – I tend to normally use maple syrup or honey in my chia puddings, but you could easily swap it for brown rice syrup if you wanted. You could also omit the sweetener altogether or try with some stevia. Totally up to you and what your preference is.
Almond Milk – you can swap the almond milk with any other plant based milk like oat milk or coconut milk.
Looking for other chia puddings to make? Try these?
Lastly, if you make this chia pudding then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk or your preferred dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoon honey maple syrup/brown rice syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 fresh raspberries or experiment with your own toppings
- Prepare: Place the chia seeds in a small bowl. Add the almond milk, honey and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Chill overnight: Place in the refrigerator and let it set overnight.
- Add Toppings: Remove from the refrigerator, check that the chia seeds have gelled. Add your topping and enjoy!