This Vanilla Chia Breakfast Pudding is one of the easiest breakfasts that you can make and is made with 5 ingredients.
I have been hearing quite a bit about Chia Breakfast Puddings for quite some time now and how great that they were. My previous experience with chia seeds has been limited to sprinkling on top of other dishes, or adding to smoothies.
When I discovered a packet of chia seeds in my pantry, I knew it was time to try a pudding out.
I decided to try a vanilla flavoured one first and was pretty impressed with how it turned out, and will definitely be adding it to my regular breakfast rotation.
The great thing about this meal is that it is so easy to prepare. Really, really easy.
You make it up the night before and put it in the refrigerator to set, and it is then waiting for you when you wake up.
MORE CHIA PUDDING RECIPES
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (or your preferred dairy free milk)
- 1 tablespoon raw or organic honey (or organic maple syrup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 fresh raspberries (or experiment with your own toppings)
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl.
- Add the almond milk, honey and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it set overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, check that the chia seeds have gelled and add your topping.
- Serve and enjoy.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the chia pudding to set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 18gSugar: 26gProtein: 9g