My love affair with raw treats continues with this Raw Chocolate Mousse Brownie.
I decided to combine two of my recipes - the base layer of my Raw Peppermint Slice with a top layer of my Easy Chocolate Mousse, and I came up with this Raw Chocolate Mousse Brownie. This slice is pure chocolate heaven and you don't have to feel guilty if you decide to eat an extra piece, which just might happen!
This slice in particular is packed full of healthy ingredients, including banana, avocado, medjool dates, raw almonds, coconut oil, cacao powder and raw honey.
If you are vegan, you can substitute the honey with organic maple syrup, it will still taste amazing.
- 1 cup of raw nuts (macadamias or almonds work well)
- ⅓ cup of cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw/organic honey (substitute with pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup to make it vegan)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 banana
- ⅛ cup raw cacao powder
- Water (as required)
- To make the base, add all the base ingredients to a blender and blend until all the ingredients are well mixed and the nuts are crushed. Add mixture to a lined tin, smooth out with a spoon and place in the freezer to set.
- To make the top layer, add add the top layer ingredients, in order of sweetener, avocado, banana and cacao powder to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Spoon on top of the base and place back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour).
- Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the freezer (as it has the tendency to soften quickly).
You may need to add some water to the top layer mixture to help it blend smoothly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g