These gluten free cookie dough bars are really easy to prepare and take less than 10 minutes to make. This recipe is also nut free and there are options to make the cookie dough dairy free.
How good is cookie dough!
It is one of the easiest treats to make and it is always a huge hit whenever I make it. You would never know it is gluten free!
It is a super easy recipe to make and all you need are the ingredients and a few cooking items and utensils to make it.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten free– this cookie dough is suitable for people with gluten allergies & intolerances.
Nut Free/Dairy Free – this recipe is also nut free and you can substitute a few of the ingredients to make it dairy free
Easy to make – this recipe takes 10 minutes to make and 2 hours to set in your freezer.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket, food market, online or health food shop.
- Organic/grass fed butter or use coconut oil to make dairy free
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut milk (canned variety)
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Chocolate chips – use the ones you like and suit your dietary requirements. They can be milk, dark, dairy-free, sugar-free, carob or even cacao nibs
HOW TO MAKE
You only need a few items to make this recip – one bowl, one baking pan, a few utensils and some baking paper if you don’t have a silicone baking pan.
They are really easy to prepare, just mix the ingredients together, then spoon the mixture into a lined square baking pan and place in the freezer to firm up for a couple of hours.
Once the mixture has firmed up you can slice into bars and keep them stored in your refrigerator.
You can use whatever one you like that is suited to your dietary needs? Regular, dairy-free, sugar-free, carob and cacao nibs will all work. You can also use milk chocolate, dark, white! To keep the recipe dairy-free, you will need to use dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
Yes you can! You can keep stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store in the freezer for up to 6 months. You will need allow 15 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
Absolutely! You can swap the butter with coconut oil and use dairy free chocolate chips or cacao nibs to make this recipe dairy free.
Looking for more easy to make gluten free desserts, then check out:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup butter organic/grass fed, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk canned
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips see below for chocolate chips options
- Mix ingredients: Add butter, coconut sugar, coconut milk and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly until well combined. Stir in the coconut flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Place in baking tin: Add the dough to a lined square baking tin, pressing it down firmly with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Allow to set: Place the baking pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Slice into bars: When ready to serve, take out of the freezer and rest for a few minutes before slicing into bars.
- To store: place them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in your freezer for up to 6 months.