This Raw Lime Cheesecake is really refreshing, with a slightly tart edge and makes an amazing summer dessert!
As you may have noticed, I am in dessert creation mode at the moment, in a BIG way (hello Raw Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars!!!).
I have to admit that lime isn't usually my first choice when it comes to dessert flavouring (in fact this might be my first lime dessert) but it more than stands up against some of my other fruit flavoured dishes, like my Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake and my Raw Lemon Tart. It's really refreshing, with a slightly tart edge and makes an amazing summer dessert!
As you'll see below, this cheesecake isn't really a cheesecake at all, but follows the traditional format quite closely - and it a blessing for those of us who can't handle dairy. I keep mine in the freezer, which is nice on a day like today (about 32C or just under 90F!) though you might want to let it thaw a little before cutting. You can also keep in the fridge, but the top layer will be somewhat softer.
I made these with 4 smaller size spring form pans (about 11cm diameter), however you can use one larger pan (around 25cm). Don't stress if you don't have exactly the right size - the layers will just be a bit thinner or thicker.
Hope you enjoy my latest raw dessert creation.
Raw Lime Cheesecake
- 1 cup raw macadamias,
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts, soaked minimum 4 hours
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- ½ cup water
- Process the crust ingredients in your food processor or high speed blender until the nuts and dates are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into four small (11cm) spring form pans or one larger spring form pan (around 25cm) and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Add lime layer ingredients to a blender and blend for a few minutes until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour over crust and place in freezer to set for a minimum 4 hours (overnight is best).
- When ready to serve, take out of the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Leave a comment below: