This chocolate granola is gluten-free, easy to make and super delicious. Serve with your favourite non-dairy milk or yogurt for breakfast or it works really well on its own as a snack.
I wanted to create a chocolate version that is also easy to make and that you can purchase all of the ingredients from your local supermarket, health food shop or food markets.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Grain & gluten free - this granola is made with nuts and seeds.
Easy to make - 10 minutes preparation time and 35 minutes cook time.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health food shop, market or online store.
This gluten free granola is super easy to make and all the ingredients can be found at local supermarket.
- Raw macadamias
- Flaked almonds
- Coconut chips (or flakes)
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Nuts - you can substitute the macadamias and walnuts with any other nut. Pecans, hazelnuts, cashews or almonds will also work with the recipes.
Sweetener - You can use rice malt syrup or honey instead of maple syrup.
Cacao Powder - you can substitute the cacao powder for cocoa powder.
You can serve with coconut yoghurt and some berries. Or with your favourite non dairy milk. Alternatively, it is super tasty on its own.
I would keep stored in an air-tight container for up to two weeks in your pantry and up to 1 month in your refrigerator.
Looking for other breakfast recipes? Try these:
Lastly, if you make this granola then I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 cup raw macadamias roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 ½ cup coconut flakes or chips
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ c up maple syrup or rice malt syrup/honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat. Preheat the oven to 300 F | 150 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add nuts and seeds. Add the nuts, chia seeds and coconut chips to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare liquid. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat, remove from heat and add maple syrup (rice malt syrup), whisking to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sea salt and stir through.
- Add to dry ingredients. Pour into the mixing bowl, stirring well to combine.
- Spread on baking tray. Spread the granola mixture on the baking tray and cook for approximately 30-35 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. And allow to cool.
- Serve. With your favourite milk or yoghurt
- Serve with coconut yoghurt and berries or alternatively you can enjoy on it's own or with your favourite dairy free milk
- Keep stored in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks in your pantry or up to 1 month in your refrigerator.