Slow Cooker Honey Chicken is my slow cooker version of the super popular meal. It is delicious, healthy plus it is so easy to make
Who doesn't love Chinese food?
This Honey chicken is amazing and super easy to make. It only takes 4 hours on the low setting to make this delicious meal. You can serve it with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
- Coconut oil
- Chicken breasts (or thighs)
- Arrowroot (or Tapioca Flour)
- Salt & pepper
- Coconut aminos
- Tomato paste
- Chili flakes
- Sesame seeds
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 kg | 2.2 lbs skinless chicken breasts (or thighs), cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup arrowroot (or Tapioca Flour)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup raw or organic honey
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup organic tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust per your preferences)
- Sesame seeds (to serve)
- Season arrowroot with black pepper and salt in a large bowl, add the chicken and coat well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and add to slow cooker. You may need to cook the chicken in two batches.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, coconut aminos, tomato paste, garlic, red chili flakes and the remaining coconut oil. Combine well. Pour mixture over chicken and make sure the chicken is evenly coated. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and and serve with your favourite sides. Quinoa or Cauliflower rice are my personal favourites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 654Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 668mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 2gSugar: 53gProtein: 53g