These raw snickers bars are my adaptation of the popular chocolate and will soon become a favourite in your household. They are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free!
Well what can I say about these raw snickers bars!!
They are AMAZING and taste just like the traditional store bought version. Except that they have no processed sugar only healthy whole food ingredients.
There are four elements to these raw treats. There is the nougat layer which is made with dates and macadamias (or cashews).
Then there is the peanut caramel layer which is a combination of my delicious caramel (which you can find in my raw caramel slice bites ….. SO GOOD) and crunchy peanut butter.
Once the first two layers have frozen enough in the freezer (and they need to freeze for a while), you double coat them with raw chocolate.
Then finally you add some crushed peanuts on top of the raw chocolate layer, before you place in the freezer to set for final time.
They are best stored in the freezer as they tend to soften easily, but trust me they will be well worth it!!
This is the first time I have made a raw dessert involving peanuts. I honestly never used to eat them or snickers chocolates much when I was younger. I was always a mars bar or a twix fan.
Mmmmmm maybe I need to try and create raw versions of those!! Would you like me to?
I would love to see your creations over on Facebook or Instagram if you make this recipe, so please let me know. Make sure you hashtag #becomingness
I hope you enjoy my latest recipe.
MORE RAW DESSERTS
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw macadamias (or cashews)
Caramel Peanut Layer
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- To make the nougat layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until they form a sticky dough. Spoon mixture into a square slice tin lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer while you make the next layer.
- To make the caramel peanut layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until completely combined. Spoon the mixture onto the nougat layer and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon. Place back into the freezer to set for at least 4 hours. You want to be able to easily slice it into bars.
- Slice into bars and then place back in the freezer for a further 30-60 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup, whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through,
- Take the bars out of the freezer and dip each piece into the chocolate mixture and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Place back into the freezer to set for 5 minutes, then coat them again with another layer of the chocolate mixture, but this time add some crushed peanuts over the top.
- Then place back into the freezer until you are ready to eat them. I recommend keeping them in the freezer as they tend to soften easily.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for these raw snickers bars to set, which is approximately 5 hours. If you have a turbo cool setting on your freezer then it will take less time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g