Raw Caramel Slice Bites is one of the best raw treats ever. You can't beat the combo of the coco-nutty base with the gooey caramel and the raw chocolate on top. Healthy caramel slice for the win!
Raw caramel slice is my favourite raw dessert ever!! It is one of the very first raw desserts recipes that I shared on Becomingness and has always has been at the top of my favourite desserts list!
I have even also made a few variations over the past few years that include caramel in some way or another.
OTHER AWESOME RAW TREAT RECIPES THAT INVOLVE CARAMEL
These raw treats are just WOW and are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Plus it also classifies as a raw vegan caramel slice.
I absolutely love the combination of the coco-nutty base with the gooey raw caramel and the raw chocolate on top.
The reason I made this raw caramel slice recipe into smaller bite size pieces is in response to a question I am asked sometimes about how to cut my raw dessert slices without the chocolate cracking on top.
It does not always happen. But when it does, it can be frustrating. Especially, when you are serving them to guests.
Yep, that has happened to me before.
TIPS ON ENSURING THE CHOCOLATE TOP LAYER DOESN'T CRACK WHEN SLICING
- Always make sure that the layers are completely frozen before you cut the slice
- Use a very hot knife to cut the slice.
I have made it even easier now, with this recipe!
It does require a little extra preparation, due to dividing each mixture 24 times (I just use a teaspoon to do that). But, it is really worth it. And it is so much easier when you use a silicone mini muffin tray.
More awesome desserts
Want More? Subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram for all my latest recipes and updates.
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- To make the base layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan (see note below) and press down with the back of a teaspoon. Place it in the freezer.
- To make the caramel layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender and process until completely combined and smooth. Spoon the mixture onto the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon (see note below) and place back into the freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
- To make the chocolate layer, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the sweetener. Whisk briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through. Pour the chocolate on top of the caramel layer and place back into the freezer and let it set completely, approximately 3-4 hours. Once frozen, they are much easier to remove.
- I keep mine store in the freezer in an air tight container and remove them a few minutes before serving/eating.
- I recommend using either a mini silicon muffin tray or cut out little strips of baking paper to use as tabs at the bottom of the regular mini muffin tray, to make it easier to remove them from the muffin tray.
- Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw caramel slice bites to freeze — approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the temperature of your freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g