This Flourless Almond and Lemon Cake is one seriously tasty cake! So easy to make and it is perfect to serve your guests.
This Flourless Almond and Lemon Cake is my adaptation of a recipe I found over at Simply Recipes.
The original version used white sugar, which I changed to coconut sugar and I simplified the process a little.
It is so easy to make as well!
Just mix up the following ingredients in a large size bowl:
- Lemon zest
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
The you mix together the following ingredients in another bowl
- Almond meal
- Baking powder
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well and then pour into a lined baking pan and bake in the oven
Super simple right!!
Best of all it is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- Flaked almonds for decorating
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C | 350 F.
- Whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in a medium to large sized bowl. Next, whisk together the almond meal, baking powder and cardamon in a large bowl. Then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and line square baking pan and decorate with the flaked almonds. Place into the oven for 35 minutes to cook or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the baking pan before slicing.Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g