This Flourless Italian Almond Cake is one seriously tasty cake! It is so easy to make and it is the perfect gluten-free cake to serve your guests.
This Italian Lemon Cake is my adaptation of a recipe I found over at Simply Recipes.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & Dairy Free – suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to Make – this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and will be ready in less than 1 hour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Eggs – I recommend using room temperature eggs, so make sure you take them out of the fridge at least 1 hour prior to baking.
- Lemon zest
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour or almond meal
- Baking powder
HOW TO MAKE
Making this almond lemon cake is super easy.
First you mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl. Then you mix the dry ingredients in another bowl
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well and then pour into a lined baking pan and bake in the oven
That’s it! Super easy and the results are amazing!
It is best to use room temperature eggs to make this cake and baked goods. The mixture will mix more evenly and you will get more volume. If you are ever wondering why your baked desserts look flat then this could be the reason.
You can store this cake in your fridge for up to 5 days or in your freezer for 3 months when stored in an air-tight container.
Looking for other recipes to bake? Try these:
Flourless Italian Almond Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- Flaked almonds for decorating
- Pre-heat oven. Pre-heat the oven to 175 C | 350 F.
- Prepare cake batter. Whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in a medium to large sized bowl. Next, whisk together the almond meal, baking powder and cardamon in a large bowl. Then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until combined.
- Bake cake. Pour the mixture into a greased and line square baking pan and decorate with the flaked almonds. Place into the oven for 35 minutes to cook or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Serve. Allow to cool slightly in the baking pan before slicing. Serve warm or cold.
- This recipe works best if you use room temperature eggs. The mixture will mix more evenly and you will get more volume.
- You can store this cake in your fridge for up to 5 days or in your freezer for 3 months when stored in an air-tight container.