Quinoa & Chia Seed Bread is a tasty gluten free bread that is really easy to make and is made with only 7 ingredients.
I recently came across Teresa Cutter's recipe for Gluten Free Bread which uses quinoa and chia seeds.
I am always on the look out for gluten free breads, so I decided to try it out.
It was so tasty and it was also fairly easy to make. Always a win to have bread that does not have any additives and preservatives in it.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Chia seeds
- Olive oil
- Baking soda
- Sea salt
With this recipe you have to soak the quinoa and chia seeds (in seperate bowls) overnight.
The next day, drain all the water from the quinoa and then process in a blender (or food processor) with the chia seeds and the other ingredients until you get a batter like consistency.
Then pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 90 minutes and let cool for at least 30 minutes
More Baked Recipes
- 1 + 3/4 cups quinoa, rinsed (I used organic, white grain quinoa)
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1 cup water plus more to soak the quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Soak quinoa. Place the quinoa in a medium bowl, soak with plenty of water and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Soak chia seeds, Place the chia seeds in a small bowl, cover with 1/2 cup water and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven. The following morning, preheat the oven to 170 C | 340 F.
- Process ingredients. Drain the quinoa, rinse well through a sieve, ensuring that you drain all the water. Place the quinoa, chia seeds, 1/2 cup water, olive oil, baking soda, sea salt and lemon juice into a high speed blender or food processor, mix for 3 minutes or until the bread mix resembles a batter like consistency.
- Bake bread. Pour or spoon the mixture into a lined loaf tin, bake for 90 minutes or until the bread is firm bounces back when touched.
- Allow to cool. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes, then remove from the loaf pan and let it cool completely on a rack. Serve and enjoy.
- This bread is best served lightly toasted in a pan.
- It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g