I have been meaning to share my recipe for Macadamia Chocolate Bark with you some time now, but I have ended up sharing some other awesome desserts - Healthy Chocolate Caramels, Raw Bounty Bites and Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake.
This recipe is spot on and such a winner in my household, well for everyone except my daughter who is allergic to nuts. I have made a special version for my daughter in which I swap the macadamia for shredded coconut.
This dessert takes around 5 minutes to prepare and less than 30 minutes to set.
It is perfect if you have a craving for chocolate or you have unexpected guests turn up.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- ⅓ cup organic cacao powder
- ½ cup macadamias
- Line a plate or baking tray with baking paper, place the macadamias on top.
- Add coconut oil to small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the organic maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate over the macadamias, ensuring that they are evenly coated.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Take out and break apart to serve.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the macadamia chocolate bark to set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g