I have been meaning to share my recipe for Macadamia Chocolate Bark with you for over a month now, but I have ended up sharing some other awesome desserts – Healthy Chocolate Caramels, Raw Bounty Bites and Raw Strawberry, Lemon & Macadamia Cheesecake.
Since I made my Dairy Free Raspberry Ripe, I have been experimenting with different flavour combinations and I have also perfected the chocolate.
This recipe is spot on and such a winner in my household, well for everyone except my daughter who is allergic to nuts. I have made a special version for my daughter in which I swap the macadamia for shredded coconut.
This dessert takes around 5 minutes to prepare and less than 30 minutes to set.
It is perfect if you have a craving for chocolate or you have unexpected guests turn up.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- Line a plate or baking tray with baking paper, place the macadamias on top.
- Add coconut oil to small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the organic maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate over the macadamias, ensuring that they are evenly coated.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Take out and break apart to serve.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the macadamia chocolate bark to set.