These oven baked zucchini wedges are so easy to make and are packed full of flavour. They make a great side to any meal or are great on their own as a healthy snack.
If you are looking for an easy zucchini recipe that you can add to your meal, then these zucchini wedges are a must try. They don't require any crumbing. Just slice the zucchini, add the flavours and bake in the oven.
They don't crisp up like crumbed zucchini fries tend to do, but you can get them slightly crispy. My favourite thing about them is the amazing flavour and I often have them as a healthy snack with some garlic aioli.
Gluten & dairy free - suitable for people with gluten & dairy intolerances.
Easy to make - these wedges are super easy to make. Just slice your zucchini, add your flavours and bake in the oven.
Made with fresh wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
Zucchini - any medium to large zucchini will work for this recipe.
Rosemary - other herbs like oregano, chives or even a mix of herbs. Dried herbs also work well.
Garlic - You can use either fresh garlic or even garlic powder to make these fries.
Salt - I forgot to add the salt to the ingredients photo, but I used a pinch of salt in this fries recipe.
Step 1: Slice the zucchini into wedges. Slice each zucchini in half lengthways, then half lengthways again. Then slice across the middle and then into wedges. Make sure you keep the wedges fairly even in size to ensure that they cook evenly.
Step 2: Mix the flavours. Add the wedges to a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt. Mix thoroughly to ensure that they the wedges are coated well.
Step 3: Add wedges to a baking tray. Place the wedges on baking tray lined with baking paper. Spoon any remaining olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt from them mixing bowl and add to the baking tray.
Step 4: Bake in oven. Place the baking tray on the middle rack of oven and cook for 20-25 minutes on 220C|430F or until the edges start to turn golden brown colour and should be slightly crispy.
TIPS & FAQS
Serve immediately - These wedges are best enjoyed straightaway. They should have a slight crispiness to them and if you leave them too long, they may go a bit soggy.
- 2 medium or large zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven. Pre-heat your oven to 220 C | 430 F
- Slice the zucchini into wedges. Slice each zucchini in half lengthways, then half lengthways again. Then slice across the middle and then into wedges. Try to ensure that the wedges are fairly even in size.
- Mix the flavours. Add the wedges, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add wedges to a baking tray. Place the wedges on baking tray lined with baking paper. Add any remaining olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt that is remaining in the bowl to the baking tray.
- Bake in oven. Place the baking tray on the middle rack of oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use either fresh or dried herbs in this recipe. My favourite way is using fresh rosemary, but oregano, chives or mixed herbs work well too.
- You can use either fresh garlic or garlic powder in this recipe. If using garlic powder, then use 2 teaspoons to replace 2 garlic cloves
- You may need to turn the tray around if you notice the wedges cooking quicker on one side of your oven.
- Serve with garlic aioli or they are pretty tasty on their own.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g