These No Bake Cheesecake Bites consist of three amazing layers, the macadamia and date base, lemon layer and the strawberry layer on top. These delicious mini raw cheesecakes are super easy to make and have the most amazing flavour.
It has been awhile since I have shared a mini raw dessert with you, with the last one being my raw peppermint slice bites.
I decided that it was time to share a new flavour combination….. lemon and strawberry.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Strawberry and lemon are a match made in heaven! Seriously these flavours together are to-die for!
- The ingredients are super easy to find in any of the major supermarkets or from your local markets.
- As always, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Macadamias (cashews will also work)
- Fresh strawberries (I haven’t tried with frozen yet)
- Lemon (juice and rind)
- Coconut oil
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE
My first tip is to use a mini muffin silicone mold tray. It will save you a bunch of time and they are really easy to remove when they have set.
Making any of my mini raw treats like these raw caramel slice bites or these no bake bounty slice bites is really easy. You prepare each layer one at a time and then add it to the bottom of each mold. Then allow it to set in the freezer while you make the next layer and repeat. There are a couple of variations but they are explained in the recipe card below.
RECIPE TIPS & FAQS
I highly recommend using a mini muffin silicon tray. It makes the process a whole lot easier.
I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the freezer and getting them out a few minutes before freezing.
Make sure you wait at least 2 hours for them to set in the freezer before removing from the mini muffin tray.
Looking for other dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup raw macadamias or cashews
- Pinch of sea salt
Lemon & Strawberry Layers
- 1 cup macadamias or cashews
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Make the base. Process the macadamias (or cashews) in a food processor or blender until they resemble fine crumbs. Then, add the dates and sea salt and process until a sticky dough is formed. Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan and press down with the back of a teaspoon. Place in the freezer while you make the next layer.
- Make the next 2 layers. Place all filling ingredients (except the strawberries) in the blender/food processor and process on high until very smooth. Spoon about 2/3 of the mixture onto the bases and smooth with the back of a spoon and place in the freezer to set for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Process strawberries. Add the strawberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Spoon the strawberry filling onto the lemon layer and place into the freezer until they set completely, approximately 2 hours.
- The additional time of 2 hours is the time it takes for the recipe to set in the freezer.
- Keep stored in the freezer in an air tight container and remove them a few minutes before serving/eating.
- I recommend using either a mini silicon muffin tray, mini muffin liners or cut out little strips of baking paper to use as tabs at the bottom of the regular mini muffin tray, to make it easier to remove them from the muffin tray.