This Raw Cherry Ripe Slice is inspired by the popular chocolate bar but without the added nasties. This amazing no-bake slice is gluten free, dairy free and you can also make it nut free.
This is my adaptation of the popular chocolate bar made into a three-layer dessert. However, these chocolate cherry bars are gluten free, dairy free and you can substitute the nuts in the base to make nut free.
I am a big fan of turning classic chocolate bar flavours into no-bake desserts like this raw bounty slice, this raw peppermint slice or this coconut rough or even this no-bake caramel slice.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & dairy free - suitable for those with dietary restrictions.
Nut free - you can make this slice nut free also
Easy to make - this recipe takes around 15 minutes to make plus your setting time
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Macadamias or cashews - You can sub with shredded coconut and medjool dates if you want it nut free.
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Desiccated (or shredded) coconut
- De-stoned cherries (fresh or frozen)
- Medjool dates - super important that you use medjool dates so that the base ingredients stick together.
- Coconut cream
- Vanilla extract
- Cacao butter (or melted coconut oil)
TIPS AND FAQS
- You can make this no-bake dessert nut free, by substituting the nuts in the base with shredded coconut and medjool dates. I have included the ingredients listing underneath the recipes
- You can substitute cacao butter for coconut oil if you don't have cacao butter handy.
- I highly recommend shaving or chopping the cacao butter into smaller portions before adding to the double boiler. It will melt a lot quicker if the pieces are small.
Looking for more desserts to make? Try these:
Best ever caramel brownie slice
Lastly, if you make this dessert then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Raw Cherry Ripe Slice
- 1 square baking tin any size around 20x20cm to 24x24cm (7.88x7.88inches to 9.45x9.45inches) will work
- 1 cup cashews you can use macadamias or almonds
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups desiccated coconut or shredded coconut
- 1 cup de-stoned cherries fresh or frozen
- 10 medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao butter or melted coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Make the base. Place all base ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed and the macadamias are crushed. Firmly press with the back of a spoon into a lined tin and place in the freezer.
- Make the cherry layer. Place all of the centre ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Spoon the mixture onto the base. Place back into freezer and let set for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the chocolate layer. Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat Add the organic maple syrup to the double boiler and whisk until combined. Whisk in the cacao powder. When well combined pour over the centre.
- Freeze and store. Put back into the freezer and let it set completely (around 1 hour). Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (I recommend the freezer as it keeps the slice really firm).
Nut free base alternative ingredients
- 13 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups shredded organic coconut
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I really want to try this, what size tin would be best for it to go in please?
Use any size from 20x20cm to 24x24cm
They will work well 🙂