These Raw Cranberry Date Bars are super easy to make and make the perfect travel snack or to put in your child's lunch box.
Whenever we travel down to see my family in Port Stephens I love to come up with a new healthy snack that I can take with us for the long road trip.
It has to be healthy as well as gluten and dairy free, PLUS it also has to be be nut free as my daughter has a tree nut allergy.
One of the snack I came up with, were these Raw Cranberry Date Bars. I knew I was onto a winner as my children were begging me to eat them before I had the chance to photograph them.
These bars are super easy to make and make the perfect snack to take on a road trip or to put in your child's lunch box.
They are gluten, dairy, nut and refined sugar free and are suitable for paleo and vegan lifestyles.
If you are looking for some more easy travel or lunch box snacks to make, then check out these chocolate and coconut no bake bars and chocolate fudge bliss balls.
Raw Cranberry Date Bars
Raw Cranberry Date Bars are super easy to make and make the perfect travel snack or to put in your child's lunch box.
- 12 medjool dates
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and process until all the ingredients are chopped into small pieces and sticks together.
- Place the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and and shape into a rectangle shape using your hands. You want to ensure that the rectangle is quite thick and dense.
- Cover tightly with the cling wrap and place into the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours to firm up.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into bars.
Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw cranberry date bars to firm — approximately 2 hours, depending on the temperature of your refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
can you use other dried fruit like blue berrys, strawberries......
Absolutely!! Other fruit would work well