These gluten free Anzac Biscuits are easy to make and taste amazing.
I decided that I needed to make Anzac Biscuits using my Anzac Slice recipe that I created last year.
I already have a Healthy Anzac Biscuit recipe on my blog, however it uses oats and butter, so I really wanted a biscuit recipe on Becomingness that was gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
These Anzac Biscuits are so yummy! Delicious in fact!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Line square baking pan with baking paper
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat, whisk well to combine. Mix the bi-carb soda and water in a small bowl, then add to the coconut oil & syrup mixture, stirring thoroughly
- Mix together the almond meal, flaked almonds, shredded coconut and coconut sugar in a bowl. Next pour in the liquid mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using ⅛ cup measurement or soup spoons, scoop mixture on lined baking tray and flatten with hand or back of spoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g