This Raw Berry and Chocolate Brownie Slice combines your favourites berries with a raw brownie base.
I have been working on this dessert for a few weeks now and have made a few different versions.
Originally, the chocolate layer was a lot thinner and there was more of the berry layer.
I think this version is much better and provides a good balance of the chocolate and the berries.
This slice is also gluten and refined sugar free and also vegan and paleo friendly.
This Raw Berry and Chocolate Brownie Slice is a WINNER!!! It is packed full of flavour and super healthy too!
- 2 cups pecans (walnuts also work)
- 1 + 1/2 cups medjool dates (or soft organic dates)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Pinch of sea salt
Triple Berry Layer
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw macadamias (or cashews), soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned variety preferably)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- To make the chocolate layer, process the pecans in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt and process until well combined. Then, add the dates and process until a sticky dough is formed. Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin and smooth with the back of a spoon
- For the triple berry layer, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth. Pour over the chocolate layer and place in the freezer for a minimum two hours to set.
- Remove 5 minutes prior to serving to allow it to thaw a little.
- Keep stored in the freezer
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the slice to firm up in the freezer, approximately 2 hours.