This Raw Berry and Chocolate Brownie Slice combines your favourites berries with a raw brownie base.
I have been working on this dessert for a few weeks now and have made a few different versions.
Originally, the chocolate layer was a lot thinner and there was more of the berry layer.
I think this version is much better and provides a good balance of the chocolate and the berries.
This slice is also gluten and refined sugar free and also vegan and paleo friendly.
Yield: Makes 20 - 24
Triple Berry and Chocolate Slice
This Raw Berry and Chocolate Brownie Slice is a WINNER!!! It is packed full of flavour and super healthy too!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups pecans (walnuts also work)
- 1 + ½ cups medjool dates (or soft organic dates)
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Pinch of sea salt
Triple Berry Layer
- 1 + ½ cups raw macadamias (or cashews), soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, washed and tops removed
- ½ cup fresh raspberries, washed
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, washed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk (canned variety preferably)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- To make the chocolate layer, process the pecans in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt and process until well combined. Then, add the dates and process until a sticky dough is formed. Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin and smooth with the back of a spoon
- For the triple berry layer, place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth. Pour over the chocolate layer and place in the freezer for a minimum two hours to set.
- Remove 5 minutes prior to serving to allow it to thaw a little.
- Keep stored in the freezer
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the slice to firm up in the freezer, approximately 2 hours.
Sounds really nice! I would love to try it out, but have two question. I would love to exchange the berries by frozen berries, as it’s winter time. Did you ever try it?
Can I exchange the coconut milk? Maybe with rice cream? My son is allergic to coconut.
Many thanks for your feedback!
Hi Maxi, yes absolutely you can swap for frozen berries and for rice milk/cream. 🙂 x
These were so nice, I couldn’t stop eating them. Thank you for the recipe ☺️
glad you liked the recipe
Hi! Could you use thawed frozen berries for this? 🙂
Yes you can. I would drain any excess liquid though