Greek Lamb Pizza is an easy to make delicious pizza. You can make it on any base, but for a quick meal use two slices of Mountain bread.
Greek lamb pizza has to be one of my favourite meals since I made the change to eat better.
After cutting out most breads and pastas, this became my Friday night treat meal instead of getting takeaway pizza. I love it as it is so easy to prepare and it tastes so good.
If you are wanting a pizza that is completely gluten free, then you should definitely check out this Buckwheat Pizza
Ingredients You Need
The ingredients that I have listed below are to make one pizza, which is ideal for one person.
- Mountain bread rye wraps. I use two wraps as one is just too thin.
- Tomato paste
- Lamb steak. I recommend a thin lamb steak.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Dried oregano or you can use rosemary
- Baby spinach leaves
- Greek yoghurt for the dressing, which is optional, but it does make the pizza taste even more delicious.
How To Make
Marinating the lamb is key to making this recipe a success!
But you do not have to marinate it too long, a minimum of 30 minutes is enough. But if you can marinate longer, then the flavour will be even better.
Then you partially cook the lamb before adding to your base with the remaining ingredients. Once cooked, you top it with the lemon yoghurt sauce. This is an optional extra but an amazing one if you can have yoghurt.
One thing to note that this is a knife and fork type of pizza!
Pizza base – for this recipe I used Mountain bread but you could use any base you prefer. Just follow the usual instructions for the base you use as to whether you need to pre-cook the base or not.
Bocconcini – if you have a dairy or lactose intolerance you could omit the bocconcini altogether or use a dairy free/lactose free/plant based pizza cheese
Yoghurt – you could swap with a lactose free option
MORE LAMB RECIPES TO ENJOY
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Greek Lamb Pizza
- 2 slices mountain bread
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 oz lamb sliced thinly, I recommend lamb steak
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano rosemary works well too
- 1/2 – 1 cup Baby spinach leaves
- 2 mozzarella/bocconcini balls regular size, sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Combine the lamb, juice from half the lemon, olive oil, 1 garlic cloves (crushed) and oregano in a bowl. Marinate in fridge for approximately 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan forced)
- Cook lamb in frying pan on medium heat and cook till the lamb has just browned all over (be careful not to overcook). Set aside.
- To prepare your base, place one wrap on top of the other wrap and spread the tomato paste over your base and also put a little tomato paste between the two wraps, so that the wraps hold together well
- Layer on baby spinach leaves, lamb, and bocconcini
- Place in oven on a pizza stone (or a baking tray) for approximately 10 minutes or until the bocconcini is golden on top
- To make the yoghurt dressing, mix greek yogurt with the other garlic clove (crushed) and about a tablespoon of water, so it is slightly runny
- To serve, drizzle the garlic yogurt over the top (as much as desired) and then squeeze the other half of the lemon on top.