Greek Lamb Pizza is an easy to make delicious pizza. You can make it on any base, but for a quick meal use two slices of Mountain bread.
Greek lamb pizza has to be one of my favourite meals since I made the change to eat better.
After cutting out most breads and pastas, this became my treat meal which my husband and I would eat on a Friday night instead of getting takeaway pizza. It is so easy to prepare and is a great one to serve to guests. The ingredients that I have listed below are to make one pizza, which is ideal for one person.
- 2 mountain bread rye wraps (one is just too thin)
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 150-200gms lamb cut into thin strips (I use leg lamb steak)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half tablespoon of dried oregano (rosemary works well too)
- Baby spinach leaves (as much as desired)
- Bocconcini (I usually have three of larger sized ones)
- Greek yogurt, approx ½ cup
- Combine the lamb, juice from half the lemon, olive oil, 1 garlic cloves (crushed) and oregano in a bowl
- Marinate in fridge for approximately 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan forced)
- Cook lamb in frying pan on medium heat and cook till meat is just browned all over (be careful not to overcook)
- To prepare your base, place one wrap on top of the other wrap and spread the tomato paste over your base and also put a little between the two wraps, so that the wraps hold together well
- Layer on baby spinach leaves, lamb, and bocconcini
- Place in oven on a pizza stone (or baking tray) for approximately 10 minutes or until the bocconcini is golden on top
- To make the yoghurt dressing, mix greek yogurt with the other garlic clove (crushed) and about a tablespoon of water, so it is slightly runny
- To serve, drizzle the garlic yogurt over the top (as much as desired) and then squeeze the other half of the lemon on top.
It is a knife and fork type of pizza 🙂