These Banana Bread Muffins are seriously tasty and are gluten free and dairy free! They are also sugar free with the only sweetness coming from the bananas.
Banana Bread is one of my favourites and I have made it into a trillion different versions. It is one of the recipes that you don't need to add any extra sweetener as the bananas give it heaps of sweetness. The trick is to use really ripe bananas.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten Free & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Sugar Free - the only sweetness comes from the banana themselves so you don't need to add any sweetener.
Easy to Make - these gluten free banana bread muffins involve a couple of simple steps and will be ready in approximately 30 minutes.
Healthy Wholefood Ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Bananas (the riper the better)
- Eggs (use room temperature eggs)
- Nut spread
- Coconut oil
- Almond meal or almond powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
Using room temperature eggs will make the batter so much easier to mix together. If you use eggs that have just come out of the fridge then you run the risk of the coconut oil firming up and solidifying and you may end up with chunks of coconut oil in your muffins. I take my eggs out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before I need to make the recipe.
I am a big fan of using silicone baking wear as I find them super easy to use plus the food does not stick and you use up less baking paper/muffin cases.
But you can use the metal ones as well. These muffins will look really cute in the fancy muffins cases. But if you want them not to stick to the muffin cases, then make sure you use parchment paper ones
The cook time varies from 15 - 20 minutes depending on your oven. It is best to test the muffins with a tooth pick at 15 minutes and see whether it comes out clean.
You can keep stored in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Looking for more banana bread recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Banana Bread Muffins
- 4 bananas medium size and the riper the better
- 4 eggs room temperature eggs are the best to use
- 8.8 oz nut spread or any nut butter or spread will do
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional - 1 small banana for decorating
- Pre-heat: Preheat oven to 180 C | 350 F and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper baking cases.
- Process ingredients: Add all your ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and process until well combined.
- Add to muffin tray: Spoon mixture evenly into the baking cases.
- Bake: Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. You can use a toothpick to check it, making sure it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool: Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.