Last week, I asked my newsletter subscribers, if they would prefer something sweet or savoury for my next recipe.
So, today I bring you my Cauliflower Fritters.
These Fritters are gluten and dairy free and suitable for Paleo.
They can be be adapted slightly, by swapping the egg with mashed potato so that they are also suitable for Vegan (see Chef In You’s post for more info).
You can change up the herbs if your like also, I used parsley and coriander, but you could also use mint and dill or parsley and chives.
These fritters go well with my Healthy Garlic Aioli or just drizzled with some lemon.
I would love to hear what your favourite way is to enjoy them, so let me know over on Facebook or Instagram.
I hope you enjoy my latest fritter recipe.
- 700 grams cauliflower, finely grated (or you can process using your food processor)
- 150 grams carrot, grated
- 5 eggs (replace with mashed potato for vegan)
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2–4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add all ingredients (except coconut oil) to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate-high heat. Measure out patties using a 1/8 sized measuring cup and place in the fry pan.. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don’t touch. (I made my fritters around 5cm diameter).
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden and drain on paper towels.
- Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
They can be be adapted slightly, by swapping the egg with mashed potato to make them suitable for Vegan (see Chef In You’s post for more info).
PIN FOR LATER