Slow Cooker Shredded Lemon Garlic Chicken is so easy to make and it is packed full of flavour. It is a super healthy meal and you can also easily make a double batch, so that you have leftovers for the week.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons organic butter (coconut oil also works)
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Mix the dried oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the chicken breast with the mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil (or butter) in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken breast for a few minutes on both sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet on medium heat, add the minced garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Then, add the chicken stock and lemon juice, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then, pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily comes apart.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and serve with quinoa (or cauliflower rice) and some steamed vegetables.