- 1 kg grass fed or organic beef
- 1/2 cup arrowroot (tapioca flour)
- Sea salt and pepper to season
- 1 -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (you can add what ever vegetables you like)
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 3/4 cup raw or organic honey
- Green onions, sliced thinly (for serving)
- Cut the steak into small bite sized pieces.
- Season beef with arrowroot, salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in large fry pan on medium high heat and cook steak until evenly browned, approximately 3-5 minutes (You may need to add the steak in batches and use extra coconut oil between batches).
- Add to slow cooker and cover with garlic, ginger and carrots (and any other vegetables that you want to use).
- Add coconut aminos and honey and mix through.
- Cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.
- Add green onions and serve with your favourite sides (mine is quinoa)
I made coconut quinoa to go with this recipe and it was amazing