Lately I have been cooking fairly simple-to-make meals that are healthy, yet still taste amazing.
One of these dishes is this Slow Cooker Honey Beef. It was served with my Coconut Quinoa (which is also easy to make) and it makes a great meal, once you add some vegetables to it, either mixed through or on the side.
Hope you enjoy my latest creation.
- 1 kilogram beef (chuck or blade) cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot)
- Sea Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw or organic honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust per your preferences)
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Season arrowroot with black pepper and sea salt in a large bowl, add the beef and coat well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat.
- Add beef and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Remove beef and add to slow cooker. You may need to cook the beef in two batches and add more coconut oil between batches.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, coconut aminos, garlic, Chinese 5-spice powder, ginger and red chili flakes. Combine well.
- Pour mixture over the beef and make sure the beef is evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and and serve with your favourite sides.