Slow cooker chicken teriyaki. One of the easiest slow cooker recipes that you can make and is delicious too!
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1/2 cup raw/organic honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup organic rice wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Toppings - sesame seeds and shallots/green onions
- Whisk together the honey, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, garlic and oregano in a small bowl. Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker in a single layer and pour the teriyaki mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily comes apart. Then, remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tapioca flour and water until it forms a paste. Remove the liquid from the slow cooker and place in a small saucepan on medium heat with the paste. Boil for a few minutes until it thickens up.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded chicken and serve with your favourite sides.