- 1/4 cup arrowroot (tapioca flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kilogram chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut amino sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Season arrowroot (tapioca flour) with black pepper in a bowl and add the chicken and coat well.
- Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat.. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and add to slow cooker.
- Mix rest of the ingredients (except cashews) in a small bowl and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, stir the cashews into chicken and sauce and serve with quinoa (or rice if you prefer).