- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 140 grams shredded organic coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil,melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350 grams fresh strawberries (plus extra for serving), hulls remmoved
- 260 grams Coconut cream (I used 1 small Ayam Coconut cream can)
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon gelatine powder (I used great lakes gelatin from Optimoz) dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- Line the tart tins with plastic wrap, making sure that they are placed loosely over the top.
- To make the base layer: Add the base ingredients to the mixing bowl and process for 10 seconds/speed 7. Rinse the bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly amongst the tins and press down to form the base. Place them in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- To make the strawberry mousse layer, add the strawberries, coconut cream, rice malt syrup and dissolved gelatine powder to the mixing bowl and process 15 sec/speed 8.
- Spoon mixture into the four tarts and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with the extra strawberries.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the bases to set in the freezer and the tarts to set in the refrigerator.