- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup raw macadamias (or cashews)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (rice malt syrup would also work)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (rice malt syrup would also work)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- To make the strawberry filling, blend all filling ingredients until smooth. Place in the freezer to firm up, approximately 1 hour.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Half fill each mold with the chocolate mixture and place into the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Once the strawberry mixture has firmed up enough, place a small dollop in the center of each chocolate and then cover with the remaining chocolate. Place back in the freezer to set , approximately 2 hours.
- Keep in the freezer and take out 5 minutes before serving.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the for the chocolates to set in the freezer.