These raw snickers bars are my healthy adaptation of the popular chocolate and will soon become a favourite in your household. They are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free!
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias (or cashews)
Caramel Peanut Layer
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup crushed raw or dry roasted peanuts
- To make the nougat layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until they form a sticky dough. Spoon mixture into a square slice tin lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer while you make the next layer.
- To make the caramel peanut layer, add the ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until completely combined. Spoon the mixture onto the nougat layer and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon. Place back into the freezer to set for at least 4 hours. You want to be able to easily slice it into bars.
- Slice into bars and then place back in the freezer for a further 30-60 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup, whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through,
- Take the bars out of the freezer and dip each piece into the chocolate mixture and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Place back into the freezer to set for 5 minutes, then coat them again with another layer of the chocolate mixture, but this time add some crushed peanuts over the top.
- Then place back into the freezer until you are ready to eat them. I recommend keeping them in the freezer as they tend to soften easily.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for these raw snickers bars to set, which is approximately 5 hours. If you have a turbo cool setting on your freezer then it will take less time.