This Vegan Lemon Tart is my adaptation of the classic French dessert. My version is a no-bake, gluten free, dairy free delicious dessert that is perfect to serve to guests.
Today's recipe is my take on the classic French lemon tart.
For my version you don't have to bake the tarts. It is a raw dessert which you only need to prepare the ingredients and then allow time to set. It is super easy to make and they taste absolutely amazing.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe is really easy to make.
Healthy Wholefood Ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medjool dates
- Macadamias or cashews or almonds
- Dessicated coconut
- Macadamias or cashews
- Coconut cream
- Maple syrup or rice malt syrup
HOW TO MAKE
You have two options when making the base. You can either use cling wrap to line your tart molds or you can use silicone tart molds.
You will need to make the bases in advance to allow them to set. While they are setting, soak the cashews or macadamias in water that you are using for the lemon cream.
Then once the bases are set, make the lemon cream and then pour or spoon it into the tart bases. Then place them back in the freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
You can then either serve it frozen or you can allow to thaw so that the lemon cream softens. Both options work really well!
Add a few drops of lemon essential oil when making the lemon coconut cream. It will really intensify the flavor.
No, as they are not sticky!
Medjool dates are sticky so they really bind together all the ingredients really well. If you use regular dates, you will most likely find that the mixture will not hold and you will need to use a little bit of coconut oil or nut butter to hold the bases together.
You can use either cashews or macadamias. Just make sure you soak them prior for at least 4 hours before making the cream.
You can store it in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to one week or in your freezer for up to one month. If you store in your freezer, you will need to allow it to thaw a few minutes before you eat it.
Looking for other amazing breakfast recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make any of my recipes. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Vegan Lemon Tart
- 2 small tart pans approximately 5.12 inches/13cm in diameter
- 6 medjool dates pits removed
- ½ cup cashews or macadamias or almonds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
Lemon Coconut Cream
- ½ cup cashews or macadamias, soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 14.1 oz coconut cream placed in the fridge for a minimum 4 hours
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Handful Blueberries
- Make the bases. Process the medjool dates, macadamias/cashews and dessicated coconut in a food processor or high speed blender until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Place into 2 small tart molds lined with cling wrap (or silicine molds if you have them) and press down to form the base. Place them in the freezer to set for a minimum 4 hours
- Make the lemon cream. Scrape out the cream from the can (leaving the liquid) and place in a blender with the lemon juice, macadamias and maple syrup, blending for a few minutes until the mixture is nice and smooth. Place in the bowl and refrigerate for a minimum 4 hours.
- To serve. When ready to serve, remove the tarts from their pans, remove the cling wrap (if using) and place the lemon cream into each tart. Top with the blueberries
- These are quite rich so one tart comfortably serves two people.
- Add a few drops of lemon essential oil when making the lemon cream. It will really intensify the flavor.
- The four hours inactive time is the time it takes to soak the nuts for the lemon cream and the time it takes to set the bases in the freezer, which you can do at the same time.