Raw Fruit Tart is a super easy recipe to make. It is light and fresh and looks amazing. It will make an awesome addition to your summer menu.
When I was young and it was my birthday, I would always ask for a fruit flan. It was my favourite dessert. So, decided to make a gluten, dairy and refined sugar free version that I can enjoy around my birthday
This is a super easy recipe to make and it will make an awesome addition to your summer menu.
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw macadamias
- ½ cup organic desiccated coconut
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 x 270ml can coconut cream, placed in refrigerator overnight or for a minimum 6 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 4 strawberries, washed and sliced
- ⅓ cup blueberries, washed
- Optional – pulp from 1 passionfruit
- To make the base, process the medjool dates, macadamias and desiccated coconut in a food processor or high speed blender until it resembles fine crumbs and sticks together when pressed. Spoon the mixture into 2 small tart pans (12cm) that are lined with cling wrap and press down to form the base. Place it in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- To make the coconut whipped cream, remove the cream from the can and add to blender with vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend on high speed until the cream thickens. Alternatively, you can use a mixer or hand beater. Refrigerate until needed.
- When ready to serve, remove the base from the pans and add the coconut cream and top with the fruit.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the bases to firm up.