Quinoa Fritters make a great appetizer or as a light meal plus they are gluten free and dairy free. They go really well with healthy garlic aioli!
I had some leftover quinoa in my fridge from yesterday and decided to make some fritters.
They are so tasty and they go so well with a healthy garlic aioli dipping sauce.
I had planned to add some continental parsley, but accidentally added in coriander. Easy mistake to make when they look so similar!
Anyway, the coriander goes really well chives. But you can experiment with other herbs.
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 medium eggs (replace with mashed potato for vegan)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup of almond meal
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Healthy Garlic Aioli
- ½ cups blanched almonds or cashews, soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ - ½ cup water, as needed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix ingredients. Mix all the fritter ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat oil. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat.
- Cook fritters. Using a soup spoon, scoop out the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels. Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
- Make dipping sauce. To make the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients (except the water) in a high speed blend and blend until well combined. Then slowly add the water and blend until the garlic aioli has a nice and creamy consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 679Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g