- 1/2 cup chopped beetroot (approximately 4 small beetroot, peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup chopped kent pumpkin (approximately 1/2 small pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and chopped)
- 4 cups baby spinach and rocket leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar 'balsamic style' (or balsamic vinegar would also work)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Place pumpkin and beetroot on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover with coconut oil and bake at 190° celsius for about 60 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl, whisking well to combine.
- When ready to serve, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, then add the dressing and mix thoroughly.