Prosciutto and Mozzarella Skewers (or Prosciutto and Bocconcini Skewers as they are called in Australia) are one of my favourite appetizers. The combination of prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil is hard to beat. They are the perfect appetizer for Christmas or any celebration.
I love making these skewers whenever I have guests over or get asked to bring a plate to a party. They are always a hit as they taste amazing and they look really good. They are great around Christmas time as the ingredients are the perfect festive colours.
Table of Contents
Easy to make - These skewers are really easy to make.
Perfect for parties - they are a winner at parties especially during the festive season.
Made with fresh ingredients - you can purchase them at your local supermarket, market or Italian deli.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Prosciutto - I highly recommend using top quality prosciutto - Prosciutto di Parma is my top pick.
- Mini mozzarella balls (or cherry bocconcini)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
TIPS & FAQS
What is the difference between mini mozzarella balls and cherry bocconcini?
What is the best prosciutto to use?
Can I make these ahead of time?
What is the easiest way to make these?
Looking for other savoury snack recipes:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 8 slices prosciutto, sliced lengthways
- 16 small mozzarella balls (or cherry bocconcini)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- Sea salt & black pepper, to season
- 16 toothpicks or mini skewers
- Prepare skewers. Roll up one piece of the prosciutto and thread onto a toothpick (or skewer). Then wrap one of the small mozzarella balls with one of the basil leaves, thread onto the toothpick, then add one of the cherry tomato halves. Place on a plate or in a bowl
- Repeat process. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Once all the skewers are placed on a plate or in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g