Lime and Lemongrass Chicken Nibbles - they are full of amazing flavour, especially when you make them with essential oils.
I am bringing you these amazing lime & lemongrass chicken nibbles, which are great to have as a snack or as a main meal with a salad.
For the marinade (which is so delicious by the way), I have used lime essential oil and lemongrass essential oil, however I have included alternatives if you don't have these two essential oils on hand.
PIN FOR LATER
- 1 kilograms chicken nibbles (or chicken wings)
- 2 tablespoons raw/organic honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 8 drops food grade lime essential oil
- 8 drops food grade lemongrass essential oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine honey, coconut aminos, lime essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, garlic and sea in a large bowl.
- Add chicken nibbles and mix thoroughly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3-8 hours (the longer the better).
- Pre-heat oven to 220 C | 430 F. Line one or two baking trays with foil, place wire rack on top. Then remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the wire rack(s). Brush with some of the marinade and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, turn over and brush with any of the leftover marinade and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you don't have any of the essential oils, you can replace the lime essential oil with the zest of one lime (finely grated) and you can replace the lemongrass essential oil with 3 lemongrass stems, white part only (finely chopped).
- Cook time does not include the time it takes to marinate the chicken — approximately 3-8 hours.