These Lamington Bliss Balls are yummy, super easy to make and tick most of the boxes - gluten free, dairy, free, refined sugar free, vegan and paleo!
These bliss balls are an amazing adaptation of the lamington which is a super popular cake in Australia and New Zealand.
I found this awesome recipe on Skinnymixers and decided to adapt it a little and share it with you.
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten & dairy intolerances.
Refined sugar free - these bliss balls are sweetened with maple syrup.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and about 15 minutes to prepare.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
Macadamias - the original recipe used cashews, but in my version I used macadamias. You can also used blanched almonds.
Maple syrup - You could also use rice malt syrup or honey instead of the maple syrup
Vanilla paste- you can use either vanilla paste or extract. Both will work well.
Shredded coconut - one of the main ingredients needed to make these bliss balls as well being used to coat them.
TIPS AND FAQS
Can I replace the macadamias with other nuts?
Yes you can! Cashews or blanched almonds work just as well to make these bliss balls.
What is the best way to store these bliss balls?
Keep these bliss balls stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Are these bliss balls suitable for freezing?
Yes you can keep these stored in your freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure you keep than in an air-tight container.
Looking for easy to make treats? Try these:
Lastly, if you make these healthy bliss balls, then I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- ¾ cup macadamias
- 1 + ½ cups shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste (or extract)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ raw cacao powder
- Shredded coconut, for coating
- Process ingredients. Add macadamias, shredded coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla paste to high speed blender and process until completely combined.
- Roll into balls. Roll into small balls then place on a lined baking tray in the freezer to firm up for 20-30 minutes.
- Make raw chocolate. To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Coat bliss balls. Once the bliss balls are ready, coat in the chocolate mixture and then in the shredded coconut. Then place back in the freezer for a minimum of 10 minutes to set.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for lamington bliss balls to firm up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g