If you are after an easy to cook meal, then you can't go past my Greek Lamb Cutlets with Garlic Aioli – they are flavourful, quick and easy to make, and make a great component of a main meal, or a great appetizer by themselves.
I am a such big fan of the marinade; oregano, garlic and lemon might seem like a simple flavour combination, but seems to be just right for lamb. I’ve also used the same marinade in my Greek Lamb Pizza recipe. The garlic aioli is a great addition if you are looking for something a bit extra to add to your meal – it’s the same one I have used on my popular Quinoa Fritters recipe.
This meal is the perfect weeknight dinner meal, just add your favourite salad or steamed vegetables and you are ready to serve.
- 12 Lamb Cutlets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Healthy Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cups blanched cashews or macadamias, soaked for a minimum 4 hours
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and pepper to a small bowl, mixing well. Pour over cutlets and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum 2 hours.
- Pre-heat grill or BBQ on medium high heat. Add cutlets and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium rare.
- To make the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients (except the water) in a high speed blend and blend until well combined. Then slowly add the water and blend until the garlic aioli has a nice and creamy consistency.
- Serve the cutlets and garlic aioli with your favourite salad or steamed vegetables