Honey Garlic Chicken Wings will become one of your favourite weeknight meals. They are so easy to make and the flavour is amazing!
Chicken Wings feature heavily in the Becomingness kitchen.
You can play around with different marinades or spice rubs and best of all they are quite cheap to buy.
I got the marinade idea for these Honey Garlic Chicken Wings from The Paleo Mom and decided that I had create a Becomingness version.
I usually like to cook chicken wings in my turbo oven as they are so much easier to clean. But for this recipe, I used the oven.
My preferred method is to bake the chicken wings in the marinade for 1 hour and then place them on a wire rack in the baking dish for a further 10 minutes to dry them out.
If you are after some more baked chicken wing recipes, I also have a Crispy Chicken Wing recipe that is really tasty and is flavoured with garlic, butter and chives.
P.S. Serve with my Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries and a salad for complete meal
- 2 kgs | 4.5 lbs chicken wings
- ⅓ cup raw or organic honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add honey, lemon juice, water, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and ginger to a small pot on medium-high heat
- Once it starts to simmer, turn the temperature down to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Place chicken wings in a baking dish and pour the cooled marinade over the top. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours, making sure you stir the chicken wings in the marinade a few times.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C | 390 F
- Bake chicken wings (in the marinade) for 60 minutes, turning once. If you are after drier wings, then place on a wire rack set in a baking tray (or pan) for a further 10 minutes, 5 minutes each side.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serve with my Garlic Butter Sweet Potato Fries and a salad for complete meal.
- Cook time does not include the time is takes to marinate the chicken wings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 973Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 1074mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 43g