Last year I shared a gluten free Banana & Macadamia Bread that is made with almond meal, macadamias and nut butter that is super yummy.
But it was really hard to make it nut free when three of the core ingredients are nuts.
So I knew, that I had to come up with something completely different.
Not only is the banana bread gluten and nut Free, it is also dairy free as well as sugar free, as it is only sweetened by the bananas.
- 3 - 4 bananas (approx 400grams), mashed
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Add the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl, mixing well to combine. Then add the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, mixing until well combined. Next, spoon the mixture into a greased and lined bread tin and cook for 60 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for 60 minutes
PIN FOR LATER