These gluten free double chocolate chip cookies are full of flavour and tasty as. Not only are they gluten free, but they are also paleo, dairy free and vegan.
- 1 + 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca/arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (can be milk, dark, dairy free, sugar free)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degree Celsius/340 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add almond meal, tapioca/arrowroot, baking powder and raw cacao powder to a medium size bowl, mixing well, ensuring that there no clumps.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup in another bowl, then add to the dry mixture, mixing until you form a crumbly dough.
- Then add the chocolate chips, folding through the mixture.
- Use a soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies into 12 balls and placed on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray before placing onto a wire rack to cool further.
Keywords: gluten free, chocolate chip, cookies, dairy free, vegan