Ginger Cookies. These gluten free cookies are infused with ginger, cinnamon and clove essential oils. They are a hit with the kids!
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 drops ginger essential oil (or 2 teaspoons ground ginger)
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil ( or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)
- 1 drop clove essential oil (1 teaspoon ground cloves)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Add dry ingredients, mixing well, ensuring that there are no clumps from the almond meal.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup to a glass bowl, whisking well to combine. Then add the essential oils.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Use soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies how you want them and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending if you want the outsides to be soft or crunchy.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.