- 1 small handful of almonds
- 1 small handful of cashew nuts
- 1.5 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Dash of pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Top with cacao nibs and chopped nuts. If you have time (and self control) leave it to sit for 5 minutes to let the chia seeds soften and the smoothie thicken.
- Don’t freak out about the avocado, it makes the smoothie nice and creamy – you wont taste it I promise! The cool thing about smoothies is that you can change up the recipe and it will still taste great! Don’t have any avo? Don’t use it. Don’t have chia seeds? Don’t add them. Want to try adding in half a banana? Go for it!