- 250g blue cod or other white fish fillet
- ½ cup oats
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne papper
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ avocado
- handful of parsley
- handful of coriander
- juice of 1 lemon
- generous grind of himlayan salt
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until it holds together but remains slightly chunky. You don’t want a paste consistency.
- Form into small balls, press flat into pattie shapes and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Fry in olive oil until crispy and golden on the outside and only just cooked in the middle – about 2 minutes each side. You’ll be able to tell they are ready to flip when the white colour of the cooked fish has nearly reached the middle of the pattie.
- Enjoy with a big green salad and herbed garlic mayonnaise.
- Serving Size: Makes 12 patties