One of my go to easy meals to whip up is poached chicken or salmon with a side of this broccoli salad. The salad is also delicious on it’s own and can be made vegan by serving it over some brown rice. Simple, nourishing and delicious!
- 2 heads of organic broccoli
- 2 organic spring onions
- 6 tbs of KOJA Sesame & Almond Salad Topper
For the dressing
- 6 tbs of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Warm water
- Chop the broccoli and add to a steamer saucepan. Steam for about 5 minutes, until just cooked.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix the dressing ingredients with 1/2 tbs of warm water until combined.
- Roughly chop the spring onions. Leave the bottom 5-6cm (plant them in the garden and they’ll regrow for next time).
- Once cooked, drain the broccoli, rinse under cold water (to stop them from over cooking).
- In your serving bowl, add the broccoli, sprinkle with spring onions, pour over the dressing and top with KOJA Sesame & Almond.
Allergy/ Eating preference alternatives:
For a vegan salad, swap honey for rice malt syrup.
If you want to add some protein:
Serve with baked salmon and brown rice with lemon zest.