- 1/2 cup (100g) quinoa ( you can leave this out if you don't have any quinoa)
- 100g / ¾ cup plain or all purpose flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml / ½ cup milk
- 200g / 1 and ¾ cups frozen sweetcorn and peas ( or grated Zucchini)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for the pan
- Cheese optional - we like to put a little parmesan
- For serving - if you have time add smashed Avocado
- Place ½ cup of quinoa and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat, then cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Cool.
- Beat the eggs, milk and flour with the cooked quinoa together (makes sure the quinoa is cooled) then throw in the chopped spring onion, sweetcorn, peas (or any other veggie) and salt and pepper and cheese if you like. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. In batches cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and crisp. We like to use a tablespoon to measure out the mixture and place into the saucepan.
- Serve & eat
TO FREEZE: The cooked fritters will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or they can be frozen by wrapping them individually in baking paper and placing in a freezer bag or container. Defrost them before warming in the oven or microwave.