There is nothing better than making a delicious, healthy and easy home made meal, especially when you are on a budget.
These Crispy Chicken Wings are very much one of these type of meals.
They taste absolutely amazing and the ingredients do not cost the earth to purchase.
Free range chicken wings cost less than $5 to buy from my local supermarket, add in a salad, and the entire meal costs between $10 and $15 (depending on whether you had the spices and butter on hand, I usually do).
If you are after some more healthy, delicious and budget friendly meals, then you should check out my Slow Cooker Meatballs,Red Lentil & Quinoa Soup, Gluten-Free Buckwheat Pizza, Roast Pumpkin & Coconut Soup.
- 500gm chicken wings, halved at the joint (you can also buy them already halved)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 220 C | 430 F.
- Add the butter, garlic powder, chives and sea salt to a large bowl, mixing well to combine. Add the chicken wings and mix thoroughly, ensuring that the chicken wings are evenly coated.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish and cook for 60 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. At the 45 minute mark, remove from the oven, place the chicken wings on a plate, while you put a wire rack in the baking dish. Then put the wings on top of the wire rack and place back in the oven for the remaining 15 minutes, to crisp up further.
- Serve as an appetizer or with a salad.