- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 sprigs rosemary (leaves picked from the stems)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Combine the tahini paste, coconut oil, egg, sesame seeds, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix until a thick “dough” forms.
- Turn the mixture out onto a 40cmx40cm piece of wax proof paper and using your hands, pat into a disc shape.
- Cover with another piece of wax proof paper the same size and roll out the dough to about 3mm.
- Discard the top piece of wax proof paper, then using a sharp knife, cut the dough into vertical and horizontal lines. Keeping it in tact on the wax proof paper, place the dough on a baking sheet
- Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove the outer crackers as they start to brown first, then return the baking sheet to the oven to cook for a further 3 minutes, until the rest of the crackers are a lovely golden colour.
- Place the cooked crackers on a cooling rack and once cool, store in an airtight container. ( They don't stay crisp forever so best to make just before you give them or share them at a party.)