- 2 medium-sized acorn squash (or you can use any other winter squash, like butternut or pumpkin)
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- sea salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cranberries (dried or fresh)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Massage each half with 1 tsp coconut oil and season with sea salt. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for 60-75 minutes.
- While squash is baking, prepare quinoa. In a medium pot, combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water and 1 tsp sea salt. Cover and heat on high until boiling, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- When quinoa is done, add cranberries, pecans, green onions and olive oil. Stir to combine. Taste and add salt or fresh ground pepper if necessary. Set aside.
- After the acorn squash has roasted, remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Scoop quinoa salad into the center cavity of the squash. Serve immediately.